Tel: 01629 584 732 - Top large group self-catering holiday house in Matlock, Derbyshire
The booking conditions apply to all confirmed bookings. They make clear what you can expect from Derwent House and set out the responsibilities of guests.
1. The price stated is for the period stated in your booking letter. The house will be available from 4pm (unless there is an unavoidable delay) until 10am on the day of departure. Please leave the property clean and tidy.
2. When you book you are accepting on behalf of your party the terms of these booking conditions. Once your deposit is received these booking conditions apply and form the basis of the contract between us.
3. The maximum number of guests that can be accommodated is 12.
4. To confirm a booking a deposit of 20% of the total will be required as payment towards your stay along with a completed booking form. A provisional booking will be held for 72 hours, by which time the booking information needs to be completed and the deposit paid. If this is not completed the dates will be released. Payment can be made by BACS, cheque of card. For all card payments there is a service charge of 1.5%
5. The balance is due eight weeks before arrival unless stated otherwise in your booking details. If a booking is made less than 8 weeks before your holiday start date full payment will be required.
6. If you need to cancel, a charge will be made based on the total holiday cost according to the schedule below.
More than 56 days 35%
29 – 56 days 75%;
0 - 28 days 90%
However, we will attempt to re-let the house for the same price and time period and if we do then your deposit, minus any charges, will be returned. We recommend you take cancellation insurance for the whole group.
7. The property will be available on the requested date unless there is an unavoidable or unpredictable problem that can't be resolved satisfactorily to enable you to enjoy the property as advertised. We cannot accept responsibility or pay any compensation or expenses where the performance of our contract with you is prevented or affected by unavoidable or unpredictable circumstances that, even with all due care, could have been foreseen or avoided. If this occurs and we have to cancel your booking we will refund all monies you have paid in full. We reserve the right to alter or withdraw amenities, which have either been advertised or previously available, without prior notice; where reasonably necessary due to repairs, maintenance and circumstances beyond our control.
8. As the house was built in 1753 the stone walls are thick. However, the house is located close to other properties and during the evening/night guests need to take account of this and avoid disturbance of neighbours. This particularly applies to the outside courtyard.
9. If, in our reasonable opinion, any person(s) is not suitable to continue the holiday because of unreasonable behaviour, damage to property or danger or significant annoyance to others, the contract may be terminated, in which case we will have no further liability. In this event, you will remain liable to pay the hire price and no refund shall be due.
10. You will be liable for any damage caused in the property during the period of hire. We have the right to enter the accommodation (without prior notice if this is not practical or possible) if special circumstances or emergencies arise (for example if repairs need to be carried out).
11. Due to the age and listed nature of the property may not be accessible for people with restricted mobility. Guests should also take care as there are a number of features, that whilst adding to the character of the Georgian house, may be hazardous (such as low doorways, uneven floor surfaces, low opening windows) and good care should be taken. A detailed overview of access can be seen in our access statement, which is available on the Derwent house website.
12. Please notify us of any shortcomings with your property so that remedial action, if appropriate, can be taken. A contact number and telephone is provided to report any problems or complaints you have so that wherever possible these can be remedied as soon as practically possible.
13. Except where otherwise specified in these Conditions of Hire we cannot accept liability for any damage, expense, injury, death or loss of any nature whatsoever suffered by any person(s) from any cause whatsoever other than the proven negligence of the owners.
14. All reasonable endeavours will be taken to ensure that you are provided with free, uninterrupted Wi-Fi service. We will not be liable however, if for any reason, the service is not available at any time, nor for any loss of data or damage to equipment you suffer as a result of using the service. We may suspend access at any time and for any reason. The Wi-Fi service we provide is intended to be used for general purposes, including accessing the worldwide web and email. By accessing the service you undertake that you will use the services responsibly and that you will behave in a lawful, honest and proper manner. You may not: use the service for any illegal purpose (including but not limited to breaching any intellectual property, copyright or computer misuse legislation and downloading or uploading any illegal material); send any unsolicited commercial email (or “spam”) or any activity relating to it; carry out any “hacking” activities such as attempting to access systems without authorisation or carry out denial of service attacks.
15. A telephone is provided that will receive incoming calls. Guests are able to use the telephone to make outgoing calls. Guests are required to leave money to cover the cost of all calls before departure. If the cost of calls is not left an itemised bill will be forwarded to the person responsible for the booking so the cost can be recovered.